As a person who has been recently made aware of the sport of Schutzhund. I would say who you meet and the local club members themselves is a big influence on whether or not a person stays interested. I was lucky enough to have a club member help me out and give me a lot of great advice and helped nudge me in the right direction. I still had to make my own decision. But I have hopefully made a sound choice on picking my first prospect puppy. I am grateful for all the nice people who have talked with me answered questions and I look forward to meeting, training and hopefully competing with them in the future!! Thank you Gina for your help and resources. If not for you I might have been too overwhelmed and discouraged (or made a wrong choice) and gave up on something that I was really looking forward to doing. I have a lot to learn and a long way to go. I will hopefully continue to get some great support. I love the comraderie feel I have had with the people I have talked to. I feel like they were/are genuinely trying to help me out and not just looking to gain something for themselves. I don't know how far I will go or where it will take me but I am excited to find out. I hope to make some great friends and learn a lot about Schutzhund.
As a person who has been recently made aware of the sport of Schutzhund. I would say who you meet and the local club members themselves is a big influence on whether or not a person stays interested. I was lucky enough to have a club member help me out and give me a lot of great advice and helped nudge me in the right direction. I still had to make my own decision. But I have hopefully made a sound choice on picking my first prospect puppy. I am grateful for all the nice people who have talked with me answered questions and I look forward to meeting, training and hopefully competing with them in the future!! Thank you Gina for your help and resources. If not for you I might have been too overwhelmed and discouraged (or made a wrong choice) and gave up on something that I was really looking forward to doing. I have a lot to learn and a long way to go. I will hopefully continue to get some great support. I love the comraderie feel I have had with the people I have talked to. I feel like they were/are genuinely trying to help me out and not just looking to gain something for themselves. I don't know how far I will go or where it will take me but I am excited to find out. I hope to make some great friends and learn a lot about Schutzhund.
ReplyDeleteHello .... this is not easy sport to advance in -- it is a lot of work and it takes a lot of time...but like anything it is well worth it. :D
ReplyDelete